Monday, April 16, 2012

We Have Cooties!!!

One of our favorite ways to learn is by being tricked into learning!  Today, I wanted to do a review game with my small groups.  I went to my shelf of games and found "Cootie."  But there's nothing educational about the original game, so I used different flash cards for differing levels.  If the kids got the letter/word (depending on level), they got a new piece for their cootie.  If they missed, I got to add a piece to mine.  When I had four kids, since there's only four cooties in the game, I built a cube tower if they missed.  They loved trying to compete against me!

 Fun building cooties!!!

 For the approaching kiddos, we did letter recognition....
 For the on level, we did Kindergarten sight words, and for the beyond kiddos, we did First Grade sight words.
Afterwards, we took pictures making the faces of our cooties...  For privacy purposes, I couldn't post my kiddos, but thought I'd post a picture of myself that one of my students wanted to take.  :)  Crazy fun!!!!!


Anyone have any great ideas on how to use games with learning??  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment