Monday, August 27, 2012

Letter Play

We start the year off practicing our Cluster Letters.  I get these by testing the kids on how which letters (and for some which sounds), they know.  I then tally up the letters.  I group them by 5-6 letters per "Cluster," starting with the letters most known and ending with with letters least known.  I then post the letters up, starting with Cluster 1.  You can find these letters all around my classroom.  We also do a lot of letter play with these letters until all of the students "own" these letters.  Our first letters we started with this year are B, O, A, X, and L.

 We make the letters with playdough and letter cookie cutters!

 We sort through letter tiles to find just our cluster letters and put them in the cups!

We sign along with the Fridge Phonics program for Leap Frog.

We "rainbow" letter our clusters.


 The more we play with letters, the better we will know them!

No comments:

Post a Comment